Out-of-District & Guest Delegate Registration
The Calgary City Teachers' Convention is the annual event that is attended by teachers who work for the Calgary Board of Education (ATA Local 38) and the Calgary Catholic School District (ATA Local 55). Teachers who do not currently work for the CBE or the CCSD may attend the Calgary City Teachers' Convention provided they have active or associate membership in the Alberta Teachers' Association (or a fraternal teachers' federation) and pay an out-of-district/guest delegate registration fee.
Registering as an Out-of-District/Guest Delegate is a two step process.
- Once you've read the information on this page, complete the Guest Delegate Registration Form. If you are registering for multiple teachers, only one registration form needs to be completed.
- Once you've completed the registration form, proceed to the Guest Delegate Payment page. You can choose to pay by Visa, Mastercard, or cheque, or through Paypal.
*Please note, your registration is not considered complete until proof of membership and payment is received. The Calgary City Teachers' Convention and Alberta Teachers' Association reserve the right to cancel and refund out-of-district/guest registrations at their discretion.*
Please refer to the following information and complete the form at the bottom of the page to register. If you have any questions, please contact Steve Yanover, CCTCA Past-President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION CATEGORIES & ASSOCIATED FEES
Out-of-district/guest registration is limited to certain types of teacher and the fee for these registration categories are based on Alberta Teachers' Association and Calgary City Teachers' Convention Association policies. Please refer to the following categories to determine which fees you are responsible for.
Teachers who are active members of ATA Local 38 (Calgary Board of Education), ATA Local 55 (Calgary Catholic School District) and are assigned to attend the Calgary City Teachers' Convention
- do not need to register as delegates since they are obligated to attend and their fees are included in the dues deducted from their pay. Substitute teachers, teachers on leave, and seconded teachers from these locals do not need to register and should contact their ATA local for more information about payment and convention attendance.
Teachers who are active members of ATA Locals outside of Calgary must
- apply to the attendance committee of their assigned convention (if the Calgary City Teachers' Convention conflicts with their assigned convention), and
- pay the one or two day out-of-district/guest registration fee. Convention fees paid to their assigned convention are not transferable.
Teachers employed by Almadina School Society (or other Calgary-area Charter Schools with ATA Collective Agreements) must
- purchase associate membership in the Alberta Teachers' Association (currently $186.30), and
- pay the same registration fee as charged to members of Calgary ATA Locals 38 and 55 (currently $96.00).
Teachers employed by Alberta Charter/Private/Alternative/Band/Reserves Schools, Alberta, Faculties of Education, and from Public Schools from Other Provinces or Territories must
- purchase associate membership in the Alberta Teachers' Association (currently $186.30) or provide proof of membership in their provincial or territorial teachers' federation, and
- pay the one or two day out-of-district/guest registration fee.
Student Teachers registered in a BEd program at an Alberta University or College
- can attend their local convention if they are registered in the final year of their education program and have purchased a membership in their institution's ATA Student Local. Student teachers do not need to register as the ATA Staff and their Student Local coordinate their registration.
Other Interested individuals
- cannot attend convention as they are closed events for ATA members (and members of fraternal organizations) only.