Calgary City Teachers' Convention 2023 is February 16 and February 17, 2023 (CCTC2023).
CCTC2023 will be an in-person convention.
December 26, 2022 11:59 pm
Calgary City Teachers’ Convention Association Thursday February 16 and Friday February 17, 2023.
Welcome Back to an in-person convention!
As participants return to an in-person convention in 2023, registrants will notice changes to CCTC2023. The convention is more centralized with sessions scheduled at the following locations:
- Arts Commons
- Calgary Public Library
- Calgary Zoo
- Crescent Heights High School
- Hyatt Regency Calgary
- Telus Convention Centre
- Telus Spark
- Trans Alta Youth Performance Centre - Stampede Grounds, including Dougherty Hall (upstairs and downstairs Green Room)
NOTE: St Mary’s High School will not be used as a venue for general sessions.
CCTCA will NOT provide transportation between venues. If there are sessions at Crescent Heights High School, onsite parking is available. If it is a remote location at a school, there will be parking available in school parking lots.
Once again in 2023, Registrants will have access to view Keynote Speakers, select Spotlight Speakers and pre- recorded sessions for 30 days post convention. Keynote Speakers will be hosted in Telus Convention Centre, MacLeod Hall and Exhibitor Hall, Exhibit Hall Theatre. These keynote speaker sessions will require teachers to register, and obtain a ticket to access these sessions.
There are capacity restrictions, Telus Convention Centre, MacLeod Hall, capacity 2000 and Exhibitor Hall, Exhibit Hall Theatre, capacity 1000. Keynote Speaker sessions do NOT have RUSH seating tickets available in 2023.
All Keynote Speaker sessions will be recorded with the exception of Tom Jackson. Spotlight Speaker sessions hosted in Hyatt, Imperial 1,2,3 and Imperial 4,6,8 will be recorded. Keynote Speaker sessions, Spotlight Speaker sessions and pre recorded sessions will be posted for viewing starting Monday, February 20, 2023 until March 20, 2023 11:59 pm. Last day to view recordings of Keynote Speakers sessions, select Spotlight Speakers sessions and pre-recorded sessions will be March 20, 2023 11:59 pm.
NOTE TO READER:
Registrants may view recorded sessions for personal viewing ONLY. Registrants may not download the videos or make private recordings.
View a list of Keynote Speakers for 2023 HERE.
There are a few things you should know....
Starting December 26, 11:59 pm. teachers can register. Go to
General sessions will NOT be recorded.
***REGISTRATION TIP*** You may want to add live sessions to your schedule before considering adding Keynote and Spotlight sessions which are recorded to your schedule. Registrants can add ONLY one session per time block, multiple sessions in a time block are not allowed by the registration system.
Keynote speakers requiring a ticket for entry into the session. CCTCA will be scanning tickets for keynote speaker sessions.
Now onto using the Registration System....
Grenadine registration is intuitive. When registering or logging into Grenadine Registration System enter an email address used for previous Calgary City Teachers’ Convention. Grenadine Registration System will prompt you to have a magic link sent to your email address. You can make a request for a magic link at anytime, as long as you are not logged into the registration system. The magic link will give you access to the registration system without creating a password. Keep your link private, do not share it as it YOUR unique link.
If you are with CBE, please do not use an email with the extension EDU. This is an internal email address, and emails from the registration system will be blocked. This means you will not receive a magic link or schedule confirmations.
When registration opens all seats will be released for ticketed sessions, this pertains to keynote speakers. RUSH seating will NOT be available in 2023.
Registrants may only register for ONE session per time slot. If you register for a ticketed session and then find another session in the same time slot, registrants must first cancel their ticketed session and then register for the preferred session.
Once a session is full, you may choose to be added to the wait list. Grenadine Registration System only creates waitlists of 10 people. There are NO wait lists for keynote (ticketed) sessions.
QUESTIONS ASKED BY TEACHERS WHICH MAY HELP YOU....
Can I attend a keynote speaker session if I do not register for them?
If so, are there specific steps for accessing them once the recordings are available?
Since I can only put one item in each lock of my schedule, it would be useful if I could register for non-recorded sessions and then view the recorded ones later.
- You must be registered and have a ticket to attend a keynote speaker session. It will be in your schedule. The session should be in your MYSCHEDULE. MYSCHEDULE will prompt you ATTEND the session before the session starts.
- Keynotes will be recorded and available for viewing 30 days post convention.
- Log into the registration system to view recorded sessions post convention.
If I change my registration last minute from one session to another, will it be visible in my schedule?
- The best thing about Grenadine is...if you wish to join a session at the last minute, it will prompt you to add it to your schedule so you can view.
- You may wish to refresh your browser to ensure your updates are captured by the system.
Will ARTF host individual retirement interviews in 2023?
- ARTF will not host individual retirement interviews in 2023. ARTA has opted to host an exhibit booth at CCTC2023. They invite teachers to visit their booth in the exhibit hall to address any questions you may have. The booth is open Thursday February 16 and Friday February 18 from 9 am - 3:00 pm.
There are over 450 live sessions to attend during convention.
There are 16 keynote speakers
There are over 400 live sessions over two days.
75 pre-recorded sessions.
Numerous symposium tracks which includes....
- Tours presented by Calgary Zoo.
- Science that will 'explode' on stage hosted by Telus Spark.
- Art, Dance and Music sessions produced at Arts Commons.
- Reading, language, books and more at Calgary Public Library.
- Tours and presentations by Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For registration questions: email@example.com
Calgary City Teachers Convention Association requires volunteers. If you are interested please visit the volunteer form HERE. If you have difficulty with the link please fill out the form at