Host Donna Connell's
out of stock
Host Donna Connell s Simple Steps to a Greener School Session (Thursday, 11:00-12:15)
Help out our convention speakers by helping them check-in, get set-up, and gather session evaluations.
As a perk you get free snacks, drinks, and lunch in our speakers' lounges at St. Mary's and the TELUS Convention Centre on the day that you volunteer, a $10 gift card, and the chance sneak into sessions that require preregistration.
*If a session has a material fee or access cost, hosts must still pay.*
Overview of duties
Once you register as a host, you will receive an email with a specific list of duties which will include:
- Finding the speaker's email in the Sched app and introducing yourself.
- Making arrangements to meet the speaker well in advance of their session.
- Checking the speaker in at the speakers' lounge at either St. Mary's or the TELUS Convention Centre.
- Helping the speaker find their room and ensuring their audio-visual needs are met (Don't worry; you'll be given numbers to call for tech support)
- Enforce the fire codes by closing the door when all chairs in the room are taken.
- Ensure that only teachers who registered in pre-registered sessions are admitted to those sessions.
- Distribute and collect session evaluation forms.