Host Jessica Lysak's
out of stock
Host Jessica Lysak s Visual Journaling: Teaching through the Arts Session (Friday, 9:00-10:15)
Help out our convention speakers by helping them check-in, get set-up, and gather session evaluations.
a perk you get free snacks, drinks, and lunch in our speakers' lounges
at St. Mary's and the TELUS Convention Centre on the day that you
volunteer, a $10 gift card, and the chance sneak into sessions that
*If a session has a material fee or access
cost, hosts must still pay.*
Overview of duties
Once you register as a host, you will receive an email with a specific list of duties which will include:
1. Finding the speaker's email in the Sched app and introducing yourself.
2. Making arrangements to meet the speaker well in advance of their session.
3. Checking the speaker in at the speakers' lounge at either St. Mary's or the TELUS Convention Centre.
4. Helping the speaker find their room and ensuring their audio-visual needs are met (Don't worry; you'll be given numbers to call for tech support)
5. Enforce the fire codes by closing the door when all chairs in the room are taken.
6. Ensure that only teachers who registered in pre-registered sessions are admitted to those sessions.
7. Distribute and collect session evaluation forms.