How to Speak At Convention
SESSION PROPOSALS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM June 15, 2022 4:00 pm to September 26, 2022 11:59 pm.
The following steps outline how to submit a session proposal to Calgary City Teachers’ Convention.
Calgary City Teachers' Convention will be in person in 2023.
- Under the “For Speakers” menu, read the "Speaker Guidelines" and "Speaker Honouraria and Expenses" pages.
- Prepare your proposal by downloading a session planning form and using it as a guideline to assist you to develop your proposal.
- Sessions are selected by the CCTCA based on the strength of your session description. Make it clear, specific to teachers, and create a short, catchy descriptor to entice teachers to attend.
- Sessions are selected by teacher-delegates largely by title. There will be a limited number of presentations selected therefore having an interesting title for your session will assist in recruiting the audience you want.
- When you're ready to proceed, select "Speaking Proposal Form" under the "For Speakers" menu.
- Fill in all required information. There are * for required fields. The form will not allow you to advance to the next page if you have not completed all the required items. If you have forgotten to fill in a required item, prompts will appear on the page to assist with finishing the page and going to the next page.
- Double-check that the email address you have supplied is correct.
- If you're copying and pasting from another document, please ensure that it has been completely copied to your proposal.
- Your title and session description will appear on the CCTCA website and in the convention program app. Please proof-read, and edited your work for a professional appearance. CCTCA will not edit your description. What you submit will be the copy used in the convention agenda.
- If you need help, email the CCTCA Executive Assistant at CCTCAexec@gmail.com.
- Save and Resume. There is a 'save' button on the bottom, right side of the speaker proposal form. This allows the speaker to start filling in the form and save it to be filled out or edited at a later date. The speaker may send themselves an email with a link. This link allows the speaker to return to the speaker proposal form and edit the form at a later date. NOTE: Once the speaker proposal form is submitted the save and resume function is no longer available. DO NOT submit the speaker proposal form until it has been reviewed and completed to the speakers satisfaction.
- Once you have submitted your proposal, you will receive an email confirming your session proposal has been received. Please check your email, the one you used as the contact information in your proposal. Please ensure this is the email contact you would like used throughout convention, as this will be the one published in your speaker profile.
- For each speaker in your proposed sessions, please complete a "Speaker Bio ". If you have multiple speakers in a presentation, click on the 'Add' button and complete a form for each individual speaking during a session.
- Sessions are selected the first week of October. You will be notified regarding session selections by November 7, if you are the successful applicant. If your session is accepted, you will receive an emailed contract with further details and instructions.
- Once your session is selected, an individual(s) will be required to supply their SIN number via a secure site, or if an organization supply an invoice via a secure site. IF this is NOT completed, your application will be cancelled.
- Once all information is obtained as per the application process, and approved your approved session will be scheduled into a room and time block, you will receive this information by December 27. Scheduling convention is complex and it is very difficult to make any alterations to the schedule. All scheduling is at the discretion of CCTCA. CCTCA does work diligently to meet the needs of speakers, however is we are unable to accommodate individual speaker requirements CCTCA may at its discretion cancel the session.
- We encourage speakers to tweet about their session by directing tweets to @CCTCA and using the hashtag #CCTCA2023.