ATA Specialist Councils
As a benefit of ATA membership, teachers are entitled to join one specialist council of their choice each year at no cost. Specialist councils are an integral part of the Association’s activities and provide subject-specific professional development, expertise, and resources that may not be possible from local teachers' conventions. The Calgary City Teachers' Convention Association wants to ensure all of Calgary's public teachers are registered in a specialist council.
Membership renews each year automatically. You may register for more than one specialist council, but membership fees are assessed for additional memberships. Being a member in a council entitles you to register for specialist council conferences, access teaching resources, and receive council newletters and journals.
Register for your FREE membership
There are two ways to sign-up for your specialist council membership: through the ATA's website membership system or by form. You will need your Alberta Teaching Certificate # to register for the online system. If you don't know your certificate number, the form-based registration is the best way to proceed.
Online membership registrationTo select or change your no-charge membership, please follow these steps:
- Go to the ATA website at www.teachers.ab.ca and select the login link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen (in the blue bar).
- Enter your ATA Online Services username and password (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you do not have an ATA Online Services account, you may request an account from the login page.
- Once you have logged in to your ATA Online Services account, review your choices from the menu that will appear under Access Your Sites at the top of your screen.
- From the Tools option, select the Specialist Council Membership link.
- Click on Click here to get a membership in a specialist council.
Download a membership registration form
- Download a printable specialist council membership form (PDF) or a digitally fillable membership form (PDF).
- Complete the form with as much detail as you can. If you
do not know your certificate number, additional information will help
identify you to ATA staff.
- Submit your registration (the second page of the document) by email, fax, or mail using the instructions on the form.
- If you chose to join additional specialist councils or are a student ATA member, lifetime ATA member, or a non-member, fee payment will be required. Complete the payment form (the third page of the document) and submit it to the ATA Cashier using the information provided.